Vegetable Manchurian and Fried Rice is delicious soupy and spicy dish. Don’t worry, as it is a healthy dish made up of vegetables like cabbage, carrot, and capsicum, etc. In South Asia, Manchurian and fried rice are eaten with a lot of excitement because this dish is tangy, spicy and many different flavors. Manchurian finds its roots in China because of the kind of spices and sauces that are used in the dish. Fried rice is also somewhat a Chinese dish, but every country has its own specific way of making fried rice. If somebody is living in India, the type of spices will be a bit different than what a Chinese person would add.
In this article, we will be discussing this unique and easy combination. If you are interested in knowing more such great recipes, then log onto Addon Kitchen.
For Manchurian and Fried Rice –
- Cabbage – ¼ cup finely chopped
- Carrot – ¼ finely chopped
- Green Capsicum – ¼ finely chopped
- Bean Sprouts – ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon
- Basmati Rice – 3 cups cooked
- Soya Sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Refined Flour (Maida) – 1-1 ½ tbsp
- Corn Starch – 2 tablespoons
- Red Chilli sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Oil – 1 tablespoon for deep frying
- Garlic – finely chopped
- Ginger – 1 inch finely chopped
- Green Chilli – 1-2 finely chopped
- Onion – finely chopped
- Shredded Cabbage – ¼ cup
- Green capsicum cut into juliennes – ¼ medium
- Fresh coriander sprigs – 6-8
- Spring onion green – ¼ finely chopped
- Aloo salli as required
- To prepare Manchurian balls – combine finely chopped cabbage, capsicum, bean sprouts, 1 tablespoon soya sauce, 1tsp vinegar, salt, maida, cornstarch and 1 tablespoon red chili sauce in a bowl and mix it well. Add some water and press well.
- Heat oil in a pan as required
- Moisten your palms with some water, divide the mixture into equal parts and shape them into balls.
- In hot oil deep fry each ball till it gets golden and crispy. Drain the ball on absorbent paper.
- To prepare rice, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add ginger, garlic, onion and green chilies and saute it for a minute.
- Add remaining bean sprouts, shredded cabbage, capsicum juliennes, soya sauce, red chili sauce, and vinegar. Mix it. Now add fried Manchurian balls and ½ cup of water, mix and cook it for a minute. Then add salt and mix it nicely.
- Now add cooked basmati rice and spread evenly on top of the prepared manchurian balls mixture and cook it for a minute.
- Then add chopped coriander sprigs and spring onion greens. Switch off the heat and mix well.
- Serve it hot with some aloo salli.
Manchurian and fried rice is a perfect evening snack, or it can be eaten as a full meal. Make sure you have the right cutlery when eating this dish. You should buy Chicago insignia cutlery as it is the most popular cutlery in the world right now. But, don’t forget to read Chicago cutlery Insignia reviews prior to purchasing the same.